We enable all children to engage fully in all aspects of school life. To do this, we:
- Ensure that all children with SEND are fully included in all activities of the school in order to promote the highest levels of achievement. We promote the highest levels of achievement for all of our students. Students with SEND are included in all aspects of school life and given the same learning opportunities. At Belmont we have high aspirations for all of our students and want them to progress and achieve the very best.
- Ensure that all pupils have access to the school curriculum and all school activities. All students access the school curriculum and are encouraged to participate fully in school activities. This is supported by in class support, withdrawal sessions and interventions. Classwork is differentiated to the needs of the student to ensure that they are able to access the learning. Reading intervention allows students with a low reading age to build up important phonics knowledge. Students with physical disabilities are supported heavily in practical subjects, such as PE to enable to access the activities.
- Ensure every child has the entitlement to a sense of achievement. We believe that it is important to highlight positive behavior and attributes. Encouragement and praise is central to promoting high standards of behavior. We do this in a variety of ways, such as:
- The use of verbal recognition praise
- Merits, recorded on Class Charts
- Postcards/ phone calls home
- Hot chocolate with the Head
- Holding award presentations that celebrate the success of individual students.
Please refer to the Behaviour and Rewards Policy and the Equality Information and Objectives Policy for more information in the School Policies section of our website.