Making an application to join Belmont Community School.
Durham County Council Secondary School Admissions brochure can be accessed here
Transferring from Year 6 to Year 7
- Parent/ Carers of Year 6 students are invited to Year 6 Open Evening in September (if you are not able to attend this evening and would like to arrange a visit to school please contact Mrs Elaine Morgan).
- Preference forms are sent to parent/ carers of Year 6 students in early September
- Preference forms, or online applications, should be returned to the Local Authority (please note the deadline for form to be returned to the Admission team at the Local Authority is 31st October)
- Parent/ Carers are informed in March of the school place allocated to their child.
If you wish to transfer from another school
- Contact Pupil Casework at the Local Authority on 03000 265896
- Contact the Student Support Manager for the year group to arrange an initial discussion and tour of the school.
- Complete a transfer form and submit to Pupil casework at County Hall
- Local Authority will contact Belmont School if places are available
- A transfer meeting will be arranged with the current school and Belmont. The purpose of this is to ensure any transfer is in the students’ best interest
- If transfer goes ahead an admission meeting will be arranged between parent/ carer and Belmont.