Making an application to join Belmont Community School
You can view or download the Durham County Council Secondary School Admissions brochure here.
Transferring from Year 6 to Year 7
- Parent/ Carers of Year 6 students are invited to Year 6 Open Evening in October (if you are not able to attend this evening and would like to arrange a visit to school please contact Mrs Elaine Morgan).
- Preference forms are sent to parent/ carers of Year 6 students in early September
- Preference forms, or online applications, should be returned to the Local Authority (please note the deadline for form to be returned to the Admission team at the Local Authority is 31st October)
- Parent/ Carers are informed in March of the school place allocated to their child.
If you wish to transfer from another school
- Contact Pupil Casework at the Local Authority on 03000 265896
- Contact the Student Support Manager for the year group to arrange an initial discussion and tour of the school.
- Complete a transfer form and submit to Pupil casework at County Hall
- Local Authority will contact Belmont School if places are available
- A transfer meeting will be arranged with the current school and Belmont. The purpose of this is to ensure any transfer is in the students’ best interest
- If transfer goes ahead an admission meeting will be arranged between parent/ carer and Belmont.
Please visit the Durham County Council website, School Places and Admissions section for further information.
We are committed to meeting the needs of all children including those with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities. We would ask parents to discuss the identified needs with the school prior to starting so that appropriate intervention and support can be planned and implemented. Advice from the LA or other agencies may be requested to ensure any the school can meet any needs appropriately.
Full details of the admission arrangements can be found in the Primary and Secondary Admissions brochure produced by Durham County Council and further information can be found in the school Admissions Policy that can be found in the School Policies section of our website.
Applying for a school place if your child has an Education, Health and Care Plan or a Statement of SEN
Children and young people with an Education, Health and Care Plan (or Statement of Special Education Needs) follow a different admission and transfer process for a new school. Please continue to complete Durham County Council’s parental preference form, as part of the admission process to a new school. You continue to have a right to request a particular school and this will be considered alongside the information that we have about your child’s special educational needs. The information would have been provided as part of the Education, Health and Care assessment or following the review meeting.
If you would like to discuss your SEND requirements in detail please contact the school to arrange an appointment.